Friday, April 16, 2010

RIP Peter Steele

Birth name Petrus T. Ratajczyk
Also known as Peter Steele; Pete Steele; Lord Petrus Steele
Born January 4, 1962(1962-01-04), Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
Died April 14, 2010 (aged 48)

Not too sure what to say, but I ran across the news this morning and I was like... Whoa.

Heart Attack at 48.

Maybe shock is keeping me from being able to express exactly what I feel?  I was never like a "ZOMG I am SUCH a Type O Negative Fan!!!!" but they were always there.  I put them on (really loud at times) when there was just nothing else that would fix it.  I mean, sure... there are a few artists that I put on (really loud at times) when there was just nothing else that would fix it, but they seemed to fix different things.  And there were somethings that I really needed Peter's voice for.  I am listening to Bloody Kisses now and...

I really hope I can get over this, and, in time, get what I used to out of their music, but now - Right this moment, I feel like I will never be able to listen to them the same again... and it will never be able to fix what it used to.

But, I guess that is _really_ selfish of me.
Oh, wait... this is _my_ blog.

So, that is the news... and I have not figured out how I feel yet.

Sadness....

Lady Quindecim.

1 comment:

  1. That's the thing with artists, they themselves may not last, but they leave behind their art, their imprints, which itself is worth remembering. People react differently to different types of loss. And there really isn't a need to rush a reaction. However you feel, my heart is with you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete