Friday, May 14, 2010

Another Friday Instalment

Friday Instalment #2, but don't get too accustomed.

Well, here is a little bit of a paradoxical post... A Friday post to say that there will be no Friday post.

But, since I am posting anyway, I may as will talk about my week a bit.

Not sure why, but despite the snow and rain, I have had more energy.  I do not know if it is because I have been eating more(?) or what, but yeah.  On the other side of this, as I have been fencing and bike riding to burn off all this energy, Dad thinks I burned more calories than I added.

One night this week, we did something that I had not gotten to do for a while.  This guy, a friend of a friend sort of thing, was playing (guitar) at this coffee bar.  Yeah, going to a coffee bar is, like, near torture for me but I did behave - no caffeine. 
Anywho - the guy was good enough.  Kinda classical-jazz with a pinch of folk 12-string acoustic.  Most of the stuff was covers, sort of, (or, as he said, inspired-by's) with some more original work too.  Either way, I didn't, like, know any of it.

But it wasn't like when they had this Dave Mathews Wannabe with the amp turned up loud enough to cover up the lameness.  No, not Dave Mathews... That other one... Ben Harper?  Don't know, don't care.

Two different guys bought me drinks.  That was weird.  (Fruit non-smoothies.  No alcohol.)  Then, in response to some comment I could not hear, I heard my friend inform someone that I was not even legal yet.  I called him my knight in shining armour.  He said, "well, I am good with a sword."  (Oh, these were friends from my fencing club that I was there with.)

I am hoping for good bike riding weather this weekend.

Take Care
LQ

No comments:

Post a Comment