Monday, March 1, 2010

Pirate Latitudes: A Novel by Michael Crichton

  • Rated 4 of 5 stars
Of course I am going to say that the book is really good. I mean, it is. But here is the thing: It has great twists that I have failed to see so well laid out in other stories. The threads are there, but I find myself thinking, "I am only a quarter through the novel, and other books would have stopped here."

What I mean is, certain elements (that I will not specify to avoid spoilage) are wrapped up in good, logical fashion rather than being drawn out for the grand finally at the end. Yet, the twists are not random, out-of-the-blue, slap-you-in-the-face introductions of new conflict. The seeds of each turn are very well placed.

And excellent read, and I do not like pirates, boats, water, etc., so that is really saying something.

... as posted on Shelfari 

No comments:

Post a Comment